State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
SCF seeks employees looking to be apart of a culture of service excellence in the position of Trades Worker III – Electrician. This position plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment.
Position Title Trades Worker III – Electrician
1. Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
2. Follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
3. Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit. Pulls wiring through conduit. Drills holes for wiring and pulls or pushes wiring through opening.
4. Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels. Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installs grounding leads.
5. Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
6. Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
7. Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
8. Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
9. Performs the Department’s electrical preventive maintenance.
10. Performs General maintenance work as assigned.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and completion of additional training at technical school and five or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One or more years of experience as a “lead” employee, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees, and assisting others with problems, is required.
Journeyman’s Electrical License
Valid Florida Driver’s License
Special Instructions to Applicants
You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process!
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name Facilities Planning & Maintenance
Work Schedule 12 month
Work Hours From 7:00 am
Work Hours To 3:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week 40
Requested Start Date ASAP
Job Type Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible Yes
Hiring Range $16.43 – $20.53
Job Open Date 05/07/2019
Open Until Filled No
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.
To apply, visit: https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2981