State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the following position of Trades Worker I – General Maintenance. This position installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments by performing the following duties.
Position Title Trades Worker I – General Maintenance
1. Visually inspects machinery and equipment.
2. Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems or repair machines.
3. Assists HVAC Trades Worker in maintaining air handlers and chiller units by changing filters, belts, oil, cleaning coils, and drain pans.
4. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
5. Assists plumber (unplugging toilets and drains, etc.), carpenter (installing doors, door stops, cabinet doors, tile, adjustable shelving, etc.) and painter (minor paint jobs, etc.) as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
6. Performs pressure washing.
7. Basic knowledge of floor repair (all kinds of floor tile, carpet, base, etc.).
8. Performs required preventive maintenance functions on site during school sessions.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current Florida driver’s license.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Special note about completion of application:
You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process!
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name Facilities Planning & Maintenance
Work Schedule 12 month
Work Hours From Monday-Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
Total Hours Per Week 40
Requested Start Date ASAP
Job Type Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible Yes
Hiring Range $11.22 – $14.02
Job Open Date 04/03/2019
Open Until Filled No
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
To apply, visit: https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2949